The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union claims that terrorists kidnapped over 40 people, including members of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church Movement, in the Bayan Kasuwa Quarters of Kasuwan Magani, Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The union said in a statement issued to newsmen in Kaduna on Monday by its National President, Dr. Awemi Maisamari, that the bandits had reached out to families and were demanding N200m before the abductees could be released.
According to SOKAPU, the incidents occurred on September 12 and 13 in the Kasuwan Magani area of Kajuru LGA, a few kilometers outside of the city.

Maisamari stated that there was still no breathing space for communities in the state’s south as terrorists continued to attack.

“There is still no breathing space for communities in Southern Kaduna,” he said. Terrorists, jihadists, bandits, and armed herdsmen have continued to pillage and destroy communities in the state’s south.

“The most recent abductions occurred on September 12 and 13, 2022, at Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru LGA of Southern Kaduna.” Kasuwan Magani, located about 20 kilometers south of Kaduna on the Kaduna-Kafanchan Express road, is home to Kaduna State’s largest weekly market. Six people were abducted by terrorists in a night raid on September 12 in the town of Ungwan Fada.

“With no preventative measures in place, terrorists stormed the Cherubim and Seraphim Church the following day, September 13, at around midnight, during a night vigil programme at the Bayan Kasuwa quarters of Kasuwan Magani Town.”

“They succeeded in carting away more than sixty people from the church and neighboring houses. However, they were not able to take all of them away because some were very little children, too aged or had health challenges.”

He added, “While retreating with their captors to their camps, they attacked Janwuriya village, few kilometres from Kasuwan Magani, and abducted two more persons.

“As at now, 45 people have so far been confirmed abducted.

“Yesterday, however, September 18, 2022, the abductors made contact with some people in the town via phone calls and claimed that only 40 persons were held by them.

“They demanded for a ransom of N200 million, but negotiation is still on going. We do not know the identity or the fate of the 5 missing persons yet.”

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.